Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Glen Beck ... bless him

Walking past the Capitol today, I saw a crowd gathered and wandered over to see what was happening. It was an anti-IRS Tea Party Rally. 

I got to hear some of Glen Beck's speech. He said the Tea Party is the current civil rights movement. He said it represents the current day expression of the teachings of Martin Luther King, Jr, Gandhi and Bonhoeffer ... and Moses and Jesus.

He said we should stop worrying about the slavery of the past and start doing something about the slavery of today, although I was unsure whether he was referring to sex slaves or being enslaved by the IRS.

He is a spell-binder, but it is a tad hard to follow his logic. 

Here is a portion of the speech I heard. (He seems to dislike John Boehner even more than Obama, by the way.)

3 comments:

  1. I guess we can question anyone's logic, but I'm not sure why you're bringing it up. Is there something to posit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found that the best way to remain in good spirits when exposed to Glenn Beck is to anticipate what Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert will say in response to his speeches. Their comments are both funny and insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even Jesus felt pity for the tax collectors.

    ReplyDelete